Once you are admitted…
Welcome to professional study at The Ohio State University! To secure your place in the class, complete the following steps:
1. Log in
to your Applicant Center at appstatus.osu.edu to:
- Accept (or decline) your offer of admission by clicking the Accept/Decline link on the main page. You will not be able to register for classes if you do not accept your admission offer.
- Pay the tuition deposit (if required by your program) using American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa by your program's deadline.
- Check for any outstanding provisions or conditions related to your offer of admission by clicking the Status link for the application, then the Application Requirements tab. Your admission is contingent upon fulfillment of these provisions or conditions -- see #2 below.
- Verify your contact information.
- International students only: If your Applicant Center indicates that you are required to take an ESL Composition Placement Test, you will be given a date and time to complete the test at the mandatory check-in for international students presented by the Office of International Affairs (OIA). The one-hour essay-based test will be evaluated to determine if you need to take English along with your regular graduate curriculum.
2. Address provisions and conditions
- If provisions are requested, send us a final, official transcript before you enroll in your first term of study in your program. Find our mailing address here. Ohio State students need not submit a final Ohio State transcript; a courtesy copy will be sent automatically to the program.
- Conditions must be satisfied within the timeframe specified in your admission letter.
3. Activate your Ohio State username and set up BuckeyeMail
Ohio State conducts business by email. We will use the unique email address that has been created for you (firstname.lastname@example.org) to communicate about financial aid, registration, billing, fee payment, grades and more.
- If you have not yet activated your Ohio State username and created a password, you must first request an activation code. Go to my.osu.edu, click Activate Now, then select "I need an Activation Code" and follow the prompts to have an activation code emailed to you.
- Once you receive the activation code, return to my.osu.edu, click Activate Now, then "I have an Activation Code," and following the instructions to set up BuckeyeMail and complete the process.
- Check your email regularly at buckeyemail.osu.edu.
4. Attend orientation
Most professional programs sponsor an orientation -- contact your program for information.
Additional notes for international students
- Read and sign the immigration document enclosed with your notice of admission. If it contains any errors, please email email@example.com.
- After you accept admission, you will begin receiving email messages from the Office of International Affairs (OIA) about two months before the start of classes. These messages contain useful information as you prepare to study at Ohio State, including how to register for your check-in session. These pre-arrival emails will also be listed on the Graduate Pre-Arrival and Undergraduate Pre-Arrival sections of OIA's website.