The Accounting & MIS PhD program in the Fisher College of Business at Ohio State is one of the top accounting PhD programs in the country. The program’s goal is to help prepare you for a successful and productive career as a faculty member at a leading research-oriented university.
As a PhD student in our program you are offered:
- An outstanding and diverse set of faculty to give you individual attention.
- Provided with a high level of training that makes our approach to graduate study one of the best in the nation.
- Faculty who are leading researchers in analytical accounting, empirical capital markets research, experimental/behavioral accounting, auditing, and information systems.
Our program comprises of two internationally recognized tracks: Accounting and MIS.
- It consistently ranks among the top 20 in terms of PhD alumni publications and achievements.
- The program is full-time and all students are expected to be in residence throughout the entire program, including graduation, to ensure they complete the degree in a timely manner.
- The time to completion takes four to five years and depends on the rigor of the student's prior preparation and aptitude in accounting, economics and mathematics.
Alumni are on the faculty at such universities as Carnegie Mellon, Rice, Cornell, Texas at Austin, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Arizona, Southern California, Pennsylvania State, Pennsylvania, and Washington.