The PhD degree in Chemical Engineering is a recognized terminal degree in the practical and creative areas in chemical engineering. The PhD candidate is one who understands and demonstrates what it means to be a working researcher. It prepares students for independent research careers in industry or academia. PhD students are fully funded.
Ohio State has a world-class innovative research program with specific strengths in the area of:
- Bioengineering, biotechnology, membranes
- Colloids, aerosols, particle technology
- Fluid mechanics, multiphase flow
- Molecular thermodynamics and molecular simulation
- Polymers, nanomaterials
- Reaction engineering, catalysis
- Sustainability, Energy, Environment, Process Engineering
For complete information, go to: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.