Obtaining a doctoral degree from Ohio State's Material Science and Engineering graduate program can be very rewarding, both for your career and for you personally. The challenges you'll tackle and the mentoring you'll receive will prepare you to take your place at the cutting edge of technology.
Our highly-ranked, tight-knit department lends a small-school feel with all the advantages that a large research university can offer. A diverse student body brings together people from many cultural and academic backgrounds providing an innovative environment. Over $17 million per year in research funding is added to this mix to explore the field of materials science.
- Over 90% of our graduate students receive full payment of tuition and research costs
- Monthly stipend provided year-round for the duration of the degree
- 85% of health insurance premiums provided for all Graduate Research Associates
- Highly-ranked program with internationally-respected faculty
- Close ties to industry (nearly 100% job placement within six months of graduation)
- Starting salaries for our MS and PhD graduates are often in excess of $70,000 and $90,000, respectively!
- Department research budget of over $17 million annually
- Access to extensive world-class research facilities, both in-house and university wide