The field of medical imaging has never been more promising for medicine and the future of healthcare. Today's technology is enabling imaging professionals to be involved in providing outcomes that improve patients' lives through the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disease.
Ohio State's Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Program is designed to help fill these needs. We offer a bachelor's degree that is unlike other training options as it comprises freshman and sophomore general campus courses and the specializations that make our graduates more marketable in the medical imaging professions.
The mission of the Radiologic Sciences and Therapy Program is to prepare graduates for professional careers in the radiologic sciences, including advanced clinical practice, administration, education, research and life-long scholarly activity.
Our mission is realized by:
- Demonstrate critical thinking through evidence-based practice and professional decision making in the care of patients.
- Demonstrate clinical competency through mastery of knowledge, psychomotor skills and clinical reasoning while providing high quality patient care.
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner, both verbally and in writing with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Cultivate a professional work ethic, demonstrating a positive attitude and leadership skills.
To find out more about our program and which pathway is right for you, visit the Future Students page.
2022 HRS Open House
The School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (HRS) is hosting a Fall Open House on October 23 2022 from 1-4PM. Open to anyone interested in HRS undergraduate or graduate level programs including:
- Athletic Training
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Health Information Management and Systems
- Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Radiologic Sciences and Therapy (Radiography, Sonography and Radiation Therapy)
- Respiratory Therapy
Meet HRS faculty and staff, attend mini info sessions for our academic programs, sit in on a student panel, hear from our academic advisors and learn about opportunities to enhance your degree. Go here for more information on how to register!
2022 HRS Overview Sessions
October 3 - 4:00-5:00 p.m.
October 20 - 1:00-2:00 p.m.
November 7 - 6:00-7:00 pm - Virtual
November 17 - 1:00-2:00 p.m.
December 5 - 1:00-2:00 p.m.
December 15 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Virtual