The PhD degree in Chemical Engineering is a recognized terminal degree in the practical and creative areas in chemical engineering. The PhD candidate is one who understands and demonstrates what it means to be a working researcher. It prepares students for independent research careers in industry or academia. PhD students are fully funded.
Ohio State has a world-class innovative research program with specific strengths in the area of:
- Bioengineering, biotechnology, membranes
- Colloids, aerosols, particle technology
- Fluid mechanics, multiphase flow
- Molecular thermodynamics and molecular simulation
- Polymers, nanomaterials
- Reaction engineering, catalysis
- Sustainability, Energy, Environment, Process Engineering
For complete information, go to: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
To Request More Information: go.osu.edu/engrgradinquiryform
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
International graduates of this major are approved by the Department of Homeland Security for three (3) years of work permission in the United States after graduation. Visit the Office of International Affairs website for more information.