The nuclear engineering graduate program at Ohio State is designed to prepare students for successful careers in a variety of specialty areas associated with the application of radiation, radioactive materials and nuclear fission. Our program is housed within the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Our research is further strengthened by the presence of Ohio State's Nuclear Reactor Lab (OSU-NRL).
Ohio State’s nuclear engineering graduate students and their research innovations touch the lives of countless individuals. From developing a neutron detector capable of operating in high-radiation environments to improving the traditional probabilistic risk assessment approach, our students are impacting a variety of environmental and nuclear science areas. You can generate a bright future by pursuing nuclear engineering at Ohio State.
Click here to view our graduate program brochure or request more information about this program.
- Scarlet and Gray Preview Day: MAE Graduate Programs
- Date: Friday, October 28
- Location: In-person or virtual
- Register: https://mae.osu.edu/scarlet-and-gray-preview-day-mae-graduate-programs
- MAE Admissions Webinars
- Register: https://go.osu.edu/mae-grad-admissions-webinar
- Thursday, October 13 from 9am - 9:30am EST
- Tuesday, November 8 from 9am - 9:30am EST
- Wednesday, November 30 from noon - 12:30pm EST
- Thursday, December 8 from 9am - 9:30am EST
- Graduate Research Information Sessions
- Register/Learn More: https://mae.osu.edu/graduate-research-information-sessions
- Thursday, October 13 from 9:30am - 10am EST
- Tuesday, November 8 from 9:30am - 10am EST