The Master of Clinical Research (MCR) program is an interdisciplinary graduate degree program offered entirely online.
The clinical research industry relies on professionals that are specially trained to navigate the complex world of medical product development and clinical research to ensure safe and effective evidence-based diagnostics, drugs, biologics and devices for the publics’ health.
The 100-percent online program offers two specializations:
- Clinical research management, and
- Regulatory affairs.
Graduates are prepared to excel as administrators, regulatory specialists and other professional roles on clinical research teams in rewarding careers such as:
- clinical research coordinators and managers
- clinical research associates (monitors)
- project and data managers
- clinical research trainers
- regulatory compliance officers
- institutional review board specialists
- research quality analysts
- and many other positions in the clinical research enterprise
The program offers a multidisciplinary curriculum covering:
- theory and practice of research methods and statistics
- the ethics of human subjects research
- the science of pharmacology and medical product regulation
- the business research operations and management
The program concludes with a culminating project where students have an opportunity to apply best practices in clinical research operations or administration.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the University’s Online Programs State Authorization webpage to find out whether their program of interest is available in their home state. Please check back often, as the College and University are aggressively pursuing authorization in all 50 states.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for an Overview Session.