The Master of Respiratory Therapy, Advanced Practice Program is designed to prepare advanced respiratory care practitioners as a clinical specialist in: adult critical/emergent care, pediatric critical care, neonatal critical care, pediatrics, primary respiratory care, neuromuscular respiratory care, or sleep disorders, who are able to manage and facilitate patient care using clinical protocols and to direct and coordinate respiratory care, including such functions as:
- Provide consultation in decision making/planning for clinical respiratory care services
- Order diagnostic tests and respiratory care services under prescribed clinical protocols
- Initiate consults/referrals to other health care providers
- Authorize and supervise licensed respiratory care professionals (RCP) to provide respiratory care under clinical protocols
- Assume a leadership role in applying evidence-based practice and identifying evidence-based opportunities for improvement in patient care
For more information about the MRT program, please visit the program's website.
2022 HRS Overview Sessions
December 5 - 1:00-2:00 p.m.
December 15 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. - Virtual