The Working Professional MBA (WPMBA) at Ohio State's Fisher Max M. College of Business is the only part-time MBA program in Ohio ranked among the nation's best. Students earn the same degree as our rigorous full-time MBA, but with the flexibility to balance work, life and educational needs. We've added the ability to complete the program 100% online! The Online WPMBA seamlessly integrates into Fisher's nationally ranked on-campus Working Professionals MBA program.
Whether you're enrolled entirely on-campus, online or a mix of both, you won't compromise quality for convenience. Fisher's Working Professional MBA, provides all students — in-person or virtual — with the same access to a globally recognized MBA that has stood above others thanks to:
- #11 nationwide, #7 public part-time MBA as ranked by U.S. News & World Report, 2023
- Premier faculty and industry experts
- Unforgettable experiential learning
- Engaging, hands-on curriculum
- Wide-ranging electives, including specializations (43% of your credit hours are electives)
- Award-winning one-on-one career coaching,
- mentorship and professional development
- Personalized academic advising and guidance
- Recruiting events, networking, job fairs and speakers
- Columbus, Ohio connections -- headquarters to top businesses
- One of the world's largest alumni networks with thousands of business professionals
As a nationally top-ranked program, we look for motivated students with demonstrated leadership capabilities and a strong academic foundation. Students who value and excel in collaborative environments with access to expert faculty will thrive at Fisher. The WPMBA program is open to those currently employed with at least two years of post-baccalaureate work experience. We can make admission exceptions for a handful of students currently unemployed or actively seeking employment to return to the workplace. Start your application for spring or autumn enrollment.
A typical working professional student can expect to:
- Create a schedule of weeknight or weekend classes
- Control the workload by taking anywhere from 1.5 to 9 credit hours
- Schedule classes in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters
- Earn the same diploma as the Full-Time MBA program
- Complete the program in as little as two years or as many as six. The average time to graduation is three years (8 semesters) at 6 credit hours per semester. You can even take a semester off!
Students learning online can expect courses that are a synchronous and asynchronous mix and are supported by video modules and recorded class sessions. This means that EACH class has a minimum of 30% synchronous (live) content. The self-paced, asynchronous content is accessible 24/7, providing greater flexibility that fits your schedule while keeping you connected to campus.
Each core class consists of two to three sections, which gives you some flexibility when setting your schedule. A range of electives (in-person and online) allow you to personalize the degree to your career goals. Students learning online have sufficient courses to complete their required 48 total credit hours entirely online.
MBA Program and Admissions Overview Webinars
We offer ~monthly program and admissions webinars, including some pre-recorded content. These are a fantastic way to learn about the program, get application tips, and introduce yourself to our admissions team—view dates for upcoming webinars and recordings.