Graduate admissions Steps to apply 2. Know deadlines and requirements
Applicants must meet two sets of requirements:
First, Graduate School requirements
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
A standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) is required only if:
- your degree is from an unaccredited college or university and your program requires the score
- your cumulative GPA is below 3.0 for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned and your program requires the score
International students, please read about additional requirements for international students.
Second, graduate program requirements
Each graduate program has its own requirements, often more rigorous than the minimums set by the Graduate School. Each program also sets its own application deadlines and review schedule. Find this information by looking up your degree or program.