The doctor of education in physical education program gives you the evidence-based best practices to educate teachers who work with children and youth in developing and maintaining healthy, active lifestyles. The doctor of education is focused on providing you the knowledge and expertise needed to prepare pre-service teachers who can meet the increasing demand for highly qualified physical education teachers.
You also will tackle research projects that make a difference in the lives of students and teachers. Your studies will be mentored by faculty committed to an excellent learning environment and your education will be as diverse as the people in it. In this program, you will have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with school districts, professionals and researchers.
As you learn the best practices in teaching physical education to children and youth, a doctoral degree in physical education will prepare you to:
- Prepare the next generation of physical education teachers
- Apply relevant theoretical knowledge to educational problems
- Design research to answer specific questions
- Refine, modify, apply and teach knowledge in the field
- Become a leader who is able to engage in public policy discussion and advocacy
- Serve as a model for the profession